![]() |
| grantland.com |
Although, I was not particularly keen to the way the author of the article, Rembert Browne, started his article. The first thing Browne basically said was that Stevie Wonder was a screw-up. Just because Wonder made a mistake, doesn't mean he is a screw-up. He is a human, just like everyone else in the world. It is almost like Browne was expecting the whole concert to be flawless. At least Wonder admitted that he had made a mistake. Other musicians and singers don't even want to think that they made a mistake in front of thousands of people at a concert. It was almost like Browne wrote the rest of the article to make up for what he wrote in the introduction. Browne demoted Stevie Wonder in the first few paragraphs that he wrote. I noticed that Browne said something negative and then tried to say something positive, almost like he tried to make up for what he had said. But, once I saw what negative comments Browne made, I only focused on the negative comments. To me, once I read the negative comments, it was hard to undo it.
Too often in today's society, negative aspects of a person are replaced instead of positive aspects of a person. Once a person does something wrong, they are labeled as the person that did something wrong. The positive parts of them are forgotten and replaced with far too much negativity.

It's always hard to read an article that is written the way that Browne did as you stated. It's too bad that he even took the time to write an article like that and post it for others to read. It's interesting how you said that once you read it all you could focus on were the negative parts of his article. This is true for a lot of things that we all read, it's like the negatives outweigh the positives and it's too bad that happens. I feel bad that Stevie Wonder had to deal with this man's negativity even though it probably could have been avoided.
ReplyDeleteNeither of my group members posted a blog this week, so I figured I'd return the favor and comment on yours! I really liked how you stated that in today's society we tend to label a person based on their mistakes. We focus too much on the bad and not enough on the good in a person. This really hits home with be because I find that society judges a Special Education student as being as just Special Education student, when in reality they are so much more! They are people, just like you and I, every one of them has a special talent and caring hearts that tend to be over looked because they are simply labeled as Special Education students. It is sad that society desperately tries to label everyone and everything with an unjust label.
ReplyDelete